1 May 2017
I’m building an email list, and this particular “email #0” serves several purposes:
- To ask you to subscribe to future johnfial.com emails at www.johnfial.com/subscribe/ . That should take about 20 seconds. This one-time email was sent manually and you have NOT been subscribed to any list. Future emails (on the list) will be much shorter than this one.
- To give you an overview of what I’ve been working on at www.johnfial.com, and to ask you to share this email and the website with other Americans you care about.
- To ask for your feedback for how to improve everything. Colors, organization, language, menus, content, hatemail: all feedback is welcome.
I know this email is very long, but I humbly ask that you not archive it with an “I’ll read it later” mental note-to-self. We’re all too busy in today’s world, and most of us never do… so I’d love if you could set aside a little time to go through the email/site. I’ll do it for you in the future.
Thanks in advance!
- My goal is fewer than 12 emails per year. I’ll probably send quarterly emails, sometimes slightly more and sometimes slightly less, but I won’t send more often than monthly.
- I won’t manually send a “personal” email like this again, so please subscribe with that link. Although you might be tempted not to subscribe and simply to ‘refresh’ from time to time, the number of email subscribers will give me a good idea of how many people actually care, what I can do to improve, where to focus my time, etc.
- Please subscribe at www.johnfial.com/subscribe/ . Future emails will be much shorter than this one!
#2: WWW.JOHNFIAL.COM INITIAL OVERVIEW
Most Americans seldom read books anymore, and books do not really make any money anyway. So I have no interest in writing a book, but I strongly feel that after dozens of edits, many of the pages/posts on the website are book-level quality. You be the judge.
What’s worth highlighting:
- Permanent pages I intend to continually update:
- The /pills page, or “What pills are worth my time?” has been improved quite a lot.
- This page now has a table of contents, better organization, better context, includes “salt,” and more. Keep letting me know what I can do to improve it, and please share this with everyone you know. Let them judge for themselves.
- I believe the curated, edited, collated information on this page is worth hundreds of dollars. It is free at that link. This may infuriate many “health professionals” and others selling nutritional consultation or their own company’s expensive supplements. But I do this for “free” because I do not believe this information should only be available to those with the time or money to pay for it. A hundred years ago we would have consumed these minerals in sufficent quantities through our food and water supplies, but today, that is nearly impossible. Said differently: I believe this webpage is one of the most important on the internet today. But let me know if you disagree so I can improve it!
- The /lithium page explains the difference between pharmaceutical/prescription/theraputic lithium (which is what we think of when we see the word), and nutritional lithium, which all of us need from our diets.
- Yes, I recommend nutritional lithium supplementation for most Americans. The biggest risk is losing $9 of your money on a bottle if you are eating enough lithium through food, and most of us can afford that financial risk. The upside is enormous and might be the best thing that’s happened to you in years. See the lithium section of the /pills page for my recommendation.
- Likewise, the /hypotheses page posits ideas related to lithium in food, pregnancy cravings and depression, absorbing the nutrient through ocean/rainwater, and other hypothetical ideas.
- Want to wait to hear this from the FDA? Keep waiting. Maybe in 2025 or 2030.
- The /health page provides a top-down health philosophy, beginning with air, which is something I’d love to see taught in schools across the country. There are also a few quick recommendations to improve your air quality at home.
- The /obesity page promotes the nutrient deficiency theory of obesity. Something like 2/3 of our entire country is obese or overweight. For those who are obese/overweight or who know someone who is, please share this email with them and let them investigate the matter themselves. On the /obesity page, I recommend discussing the idea with their doctor. We’ve been ignoring an essential mineral for several decades (lithium), so today, this nutrient deficiency theory is even more important than ever. Again, please share this with your friends and family: don’t decide for them, let them decide whether to ignore it or not.
- The /tips page has some tips for enjoying your life more, like most executives do. Send me more!
- The /pills page, or “What pills are worth my time?” has been improved quite a lot.
- There’s a /law page, too, where I propose a single constitutional amendment which would permanently prevent the Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump children from campaigning for future presidencies. I think our founding fathers would have included that as part of the Bill of Rights if they had imagined political power concentrated in the hands of a few presidential families in the USA.
- All public pages are listed on the /pages page, also accessible by clicking directly on the “pages” link at the top.
- Random “Essays & Posts” at the /blog page:
- I’m extremely proud of the essay “Why Americans Will Start “Waking Up” as we start Driving Less“. Comments welcome.
- There’s also an angry “open letter” of sorts to other servicemembers, both active and veterans. It’s about the cause of suicides. I wrote this for an 1,800+ member facebook group I’m a part of, and it’s probably not of interest to most people.
- Anything in partciular you’d like to see from the /blog page written sooner, rather than later?
Since any or all of the above health-related pages may be offensive to scientists, doctors, and lawyers, I’d appreciate if you could forward this email to them. I need their input.
Working with them (doctors especially), through endorsements, links, phone calls, or otherwise is the far better strategy… Strategy for what? My strategy to combat the single greatest threat to the United States of America: bad health, both at a personal, biological level and at a nationwide, GDP- and productivity-strangling level. Politicians can’t heal our nation! Only we can do that ourselves.
So please, forward this to any friends you have in the scientific, medical or legal communities. Of course, forwarding this to a politician is probably not worth your time, but it won’t offend me.
Yes, the website looks different. It’s intentional! When I use the internet, I don’t like my time being wasted with unnecessary colors, graphics, links, sidebars, widgets, popups, or other junk. I already mentally ignore most of that stuff, and I bet most of you do, too. So I don’t put most of that on my own site. That said…
Please send feedback!
- How can I improve the tone of my wriitng?
- What would you like to see less of? More of?
- How are the colors, fonts, formatting and other organization on the website? I’m still learning CSS, so I’m still open to changing the style a lot.
- How are the menus at top? Too much? Too little? Should the /about sections be at the bottom of the page? I’m open to hear anything.
- Should I keep the /slash links with the “/” in the drop-down menus, or remove the / and keep only the word? I like my geeky version with the slash, but I’ll remove it if it’s counterproductive.
- Should I have these two “permanent” ‘widget’ sections at the right of the screen on the PC version? I don’t like them, but I do think they’re necessary. Yes or no? Small personal photo or not?
- Where are pictures worthwhile on the website? (The /lithium page has a few important graphics, but little else on the site.)
- Which auto-playing pop-song .mp3 should I add to the background?
- How does the quick “business” card look? (Photo attached at bottom.) I chose red for a reason, and the goal is to promote the site rather than myself, but it’s just a first draft and I’m sure you can help me improve it! I already enjoy passing it out at random areas when I go into the city. The conversations are priceless.
Again, would you please:
- Signup for the email list? Less than 12 emails per year. Pinky promise. Possibly only quarterly or less. www.johnfial.com/subscribe . Future emails will be much shorter than this one!
- Share the bulk of this email with those who might benefit from or be interested in this knowledge?
- Give feedback of any sort =)
Thanks in advance for all your help!
2 May 2017